Monday, October 27, 2014

Enjoy the Challenge and the Proces

I enjoyed this article and it's so true that I just want to share it! I'd say apply this continuous strive in life too - be it your relationships at home and at work, apply to your attitude to the work you do (and that it's not just a job)...

Excerpts: Mr. Balanchine once said: “If you don’t feel challenged, it’s because you’re not doing enough. Ballet should never feel comfortable. Comfortable is lazy! If you’re comfortable when you dance, you’re not pushing yourself hard enough. 100% is not enough. You have to give 200%. One tendu takes years of hard work and will never be perfect. Everything in ballet is a challenge.”

...ballet is a process that takes many years and that professional dancers are still trying to perfect their technique.

As a teacher, I want to see my students succeed beyond their expectations, and even mine for that matter. I cannot make them work hard, that’s something they have to do for themselves. I can only give them all my knowledge, information and time and try to inspire them to do their best. What they do with all of it afterwards is totally up to them. One of the lessons I try my very best to teach them is that ballet is certainly not boring, especially if you’re doing it properly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Movement should be approached like life - with enthusiasm, joy and gratitude – for movement is life and life is movement, and we get out of it what we put into it.”

~ Ron Fletcher

Blog Archive